Views: 1 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-02-21 Origin: Site
A farm jack, also known as a high-lift jack or a tractor jack, is a versatile tool commonly used for lifting, pulling, pushing, and clamping heavy objects such as farm equipment, fence posts, and tree stumps.
How to operate farm jack?
Lifting a load
1. Choose a stable, level surface: Before using the farm jack, make sure to choose a stable and level surface. This will help prevent the jack from tipping or sinking, which can be dangerous and make the operation more difficult.
2. Check the jack for damage, or debris that might keep the ratchet mechanism from sliding or notching into place.
3. Know your lift points. You can’t just put the jack under a body panel and expect it to take the weight without crumpling. Many off-road vehicles have designated lift points.
4. To adjust the lifting arm, turn the release valve counterclockwise to lower the arm. Then, slide the lifting arm to the desired height and turn the release valve clockwise to lock it in place.
5. To lift the object, insert the jack's claw into a secure location on the object. Then, push the lifting arm upwards by pumping the handle up and down. Repeat this process until the object is at the desired height.
Lowering a load
1. When you're ready to lower the object, turn the release valve counterclockwise to release pressure and gently lower the object down.
2. Keep pumping until the vehicle is touching the ground.